How do shows deal when one of their key actors gets pregnant? There seem to be a few methods of hiding TV pregnancy. Some of which are okay. Others just flat-out don't work.
Here are eight different ways to hide a TV pregnancy:
1. Write it into the storyline.
Like Pam on The Office.
2. Cover it with a large bag.
Sex and the City, anyone? Carrie does love her a good accessory, I guess.
3. Make the character wear large coats indoors.
Yes, really. Looking at you, Olivia Pope.
4. Literally just cover it with a package.
Seinfeld's Elaine on the subway, randomly carrying an enormous gift? Subtle, guys.
5. Or some…hunting overalls?
Not that anyone would debate that Parks and Recreation's Leslie Knope is a crack shot.
6. Get the character abducted by aliens.
Which, to be fair, is not that far outside of The X-Files wheelhouse.
7. Hide it behind a nativity set.
At least this is thematically on point, Desperate Housewives.
8. Pretend it's a food baby.
That How I Met Your Mother hot dog-eating contest isn't there for no reason.
Take a look at our video and see for yourself which of these approaches work, and which, er, don't. At all.